Monday 13 April 2015

DIY- Marbled Mugs

I've always loved marbling- it's so simple but so effective, and I think this idea from Pinterest is amazing! Mine did take a few attempts, but I liked the idea of having only a section of the cup covered, so I used nail varnish remover to create a clean line on either side. Another thing I liked was how a little bit of colour ended up inside the cup- all in all I'm pleased :) Here's how to make one...

Fill an old bowl (I used an old ice cream tub) with warm water. Choose your nail varnish and pour a couple of drops into the water and swirl with a cocktail stick until you have the desired effect. Dunk your cup in and swirl it through the nail varnish. If you're not happy you can use nail varnish remover to wipe it off and then have another go. Once you like the pattern, place it on some old newspaper to dry overnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment