Saturday 18 April 2015

Wanderland at the Saatchi Gallery

I only recently heard about Wanderland, I'm not sure how much press it has been given but I thought it was worth a look. I can definitely say this was one of the strangest exhibitions I have ever been to- in all honesty, I'm not completely sure I 'got' it.

In essence this is an Hermes exhibition, based on their 2015 theme of urban wandering and reveling in the unexpected. The backdrop is Paris and is a continuous theme within the 11 rooms, by different artists in different media, which displays their luxurious accessories- shoes, bags, watches cuff links.... It is very quirky and very beautiful but you definitely feel like you are in Wonderland. I just felt like there was a lot more to this than beautiful products and gorgeous sets, but I don't know what that was. There are guides in each room who can give you a little bit of information but I have to admit I couldn't see an obvious link from one room to another, you just jump from a Parisian cafe to a room full of graffiti to a side walk where you can hear passer by's thoughts with no explanation. 

Wanderland is only on until May 2nd and is free, so worth a look in if you're in the Chelsea area. Let me know what you think!


































No comments:

Post a Comment